Extra BMAT Practice Papers
We’ve partnered up with Blue Admissions to give our students discounted access to 5 full BMAT practice papers with fully worked solutions.
You can purchase the “Ultimate BMAT Examination Pack” directly from us when you book the course. It normally costs £70 via the Blue Admissions website but our students can get it for £50. And of course, our bursary discounts apply to these papers too.
On our courses, we always get a few students who attend our course in addition to other (far more expensive) ones. While our students unanimously agree that the BMAT Crash Course is leaps and bounds better than other alternatives, one of our weaknesses has always been that we don’t provide any extra BMAT question papers.
With this new partnership with Blue Admissions, that’s no longer the case. Our students can now get access to 5 full, high-quality BMAT practice papers that mimic the format of the real thing, and come with fully worked solutions.
Sadly, you do have to pay a little extra for them, although we managed to negotiate a deal with Blue Admissions that offers the papers to our bursary students at a discounted rate. But to be honest, paying £50 for 5 practice papers is a whole lot better than paying £300 to attend another course purely for the purposes of getting extra question papers (which is a surprisingly common thing we hear when talking to our students).
The rest of this page contains more information about the BMAT practice papers, courtesy of Blue Admissions.
There will be an option to purchase the papers on the checkout page when you book a course. If, for whatever reason, you want just the papers and don’t want to attend the course, you can purchase them directly at www.blueadmissions.com
What makes our papers special
- Our papers use a vast amount of graphic design and illustration with the same frequency and in a comparable way to the real BMAT exam – these questions constitute a large amount of the actual papers.
- Our questions are hardened – they train you up to higher reading rates and faster working rates so that you’re sharp and on-form for the exam. We’re not here to kid you – the exam is tough and we want you to have had every opportunity to experience well in advance the most difficult content that you could expect.
- We teach you every little trick or shortcut that we can anticipate to ensure that you’ve seen it all before – the worked solution booklets teach from first principles, so they’re really easy to follow and really rigorous.
- We offer an essay marking service with commentary – if you scan or photograph your script and email it in, we will do our best to have it marked within 3 days, and will make notes on what impressed us and where there was scope for improvement.
- To maximise your efficiency of progress in preparation, countless hours have been spent perfecting the questions such that they teach you the science in context whilst simultaneously assessing you:
- Many of the Section 1 discursive questions explore fascinating scientific concepts. These are very useful as a good starting ground for Section 3 (Writing Task) research and for university interview preparation.
- The Section 2 content deliberately targets material that is unlikely to have been recapped at A-level, and, in this way endeavours to fill all of the nooks and crannies in your knowledge.
How to use our papers
Our BMAT practice papers are one of the best source of practice available on the market (the other contender being BMAT Ninja). We’ve written our papers to match the actual BMAT specification as closely as possible, so you know you’re getting an accurate representation of what will happen on test day.
Once you’ve attempted our Section 1 and Section 2 papers under timed conditions, you can go through the worked solutions, all of which were written by current medical students at Oxford and Cambridge. This is useful for questions you got wrong, but also for questions you got right – doing well in the BMAT is all about timing, and there’s the chance that you may have missed a shortcut or two that would have certainly helped your overall score.
When it comes to Section 3, we suggest practising writing essays under timed conditions. You probably won’t want to do all 20 questions we have in our pack, but even if you only attempt a few, it’ll be useful to read through all 20 of our sample essays to get an idea of what the examiners are looking for.
We hope that by working through our BMAT practice papers as though they were the real thing, you’ll gain valuable experience with the format of the exam and the styles of questions they like to ask.